Chesebrough, Henry, 1764 - 1842
Henry Chesebrough (September 30, 1764-November 4, 1842) was the son of William Chesebrough and Esther Williams of Stonington, Connecticut. He married Martha Williams on January 27, 1812 in North Stonington.
Two years later, Chesebrough, his brother Silas, and Cyrus Williams built and operated the Williams manufacturing establishment and dam at the south end of Indiantown Pond. The following year, he let his cattle out in the Eastern Pequot Indian Town pasture for the benefit of Cyrus Shelly. That same year, he also was an endorser of a petition to the Connecticut General Assembly. The Legislature appointed Chesebrough an overseer of the Eastern Pequot in North Stonington around 1825.
Wheeler, History of Stonington. Hurd, History of New London County, 739.